Translate

Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Halfway Point

Still slow going, but not so bad once I abandoned the knotter and started tying the knots by hand. The knotter makes a loose-ish knot with one tag end microscopically short, which means I have to set the knotter down to tighten the knot. Every extra hand motion takes time, so picking things up and putting them down isn't efficient.

I need to do more research on this tool, and see if I can get it to tie a tighter knot without manual "post-processing."

In the meantime, we're just a few threads short of halfway:



Progress is also hampered by an ankle that wants me to raise it above my heart for some time each day to prevent swelling from becoming a hazard to circulation. It's difficult to do this while inside the loom. Too much additional furniture required, and there's not that much empty real estate in here :-)

2 comments:

neki desu said...

so you're telling me i really don't want one of those knotters.
take care of that ankle

Holly said...

Thanks so much for posting about the knotter...as I was tying knots tonight I was trying to justify buying one. Please let us know if you come up with a solution.