Translate

Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Snip!

...and it's off the loom. History. I wove until there was just enough warp left for the tying on process:



All I'm left with now is pigtails of warp in front of the reed:



and lease sticks suspended behind the heddles with warp knotted in bouts,



and a pile of cloth on the ironing board.



Next task is to needle weave repairs where necessary, wet finish, press, etc. Then it's on to the next warp!

Before the next warp gets tied on to these remains, though, I have a speaking engagement. I'll be giving a program entitled "The Magic of Interleaved Threadings" at the San Diego Creative Weavers Guild on Saturday, January 9. Meetings are held at 9:30 a.m. at the Pacific Beach Recreation Center, 1405 Diamond Street, San Diego. If you're in the San Diego area, and aren't a member of the guild, I'd bet they welcome guests!

The program will describe the process I use to design interleaved threadings, and there will be plenty of scarves (what I call full-sized samples) to pet and fondle.

1 comment:

neki desu said...

cute pigtails!
jealous that i can't attend your talk :(
seems that you're becoming a kanji master ;)