Translate

Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

More Hummers

Here are more shots of hummers in flight:



This is the 2nd in the series, on its way onto the cloth storage beam. Weft was dark green.



And the 3rd in the series. Weft was dark grey.



And number 4, just begun this afternoon, which has a medium-value green weft.

I'm in a bit of a hurry, because next weekend I'm exhibiting at the Kimball Art Festival in Park City, UT. If any readers are in the Salt Lake/Park City area, I'd love to see friendly faces among the sea of strangers! We leave on Wednesday, the 30th, to arrive Thursday evening and be ready to set up the booth on Main Street bright and early on Friday. The show is open Friday evening, Aug 1, through Sunday evening, Aug 3. I'll be in booth #52, which I think is near the north (uphill) end of the stretch of Main that is occupied by the festival.

At the rate the weaving is going, I'll have time to weave number 4, and will cut off the warp there, leaving myself one more in the series to weave when I get home. There will be frenzied fringe-twisting to get those 4 fringed in time! I may be working on the last ones in the hotel in Park City - presumably there will be an iron and ironing board... I hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage Sandra - hope your trip is enjoyable and profitable! Have enjoyed watching your scarves grow. :)