Translate

Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Warp is Beamed, Threading in Progress

I love the way a freshly beamed warp looks, so tidy and orderly, with its tails tied down with tape and every cross secured with waste thread.



Once I start threading and sleying, it becomes untidy again for a while, until being tied onto the front apron.

However, the threading is only just begun, and holiday preparations take precedence over textile work, so the warp will probably have to wait until January before I can pay much attention to it.

Greetings of the season to all my readers. Here's to a happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your warp? I tend to use 8/2 unmercerized cotton for kitchen/hand towels, but I make my warps about 20" wide. I'm interested that your warp is 16" wide. Are you using mercerized ctn (shrinks less)?

Warmest holiday wishes to all.

neki desu said...

nothing beats a well warped loom image.
holiday cheers to you.

neki desu