Translate

Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Half-Way There!

The seventh towel is woven, and I've cut the first seven off the loom. I'll re-tie the warp to the apron rod and start on #8. But before that, I want to wet finish the first batch to be sure the sett is right and the weft yarns behave as expected in finishing.

Here's the end of #5 and the beginning of #6:



And #6 in close-up:



The draft combines areas of satin and areas of vertical ribs:



Here are the end of #6 and the beginning of #7:



Oddly, the pattern of #7 shows more at a distance than in closeup, especially on the right side. Here's a close-up view:



The draft is (if I remember correctly) a crepe weave from Oelsner via handweaving.net.



I can't wait to see how it looks washed, hemmed, and pressed.

No comments: