Translate

Pages

Monday, July 06, 2009

Hangings Woven

Yesterday I wove hangings 4 & 5, and after measuring the amount of warp I'd used up, decided to stop there. The remainder of the warp will be scarves.

Here's a look at #1 as it rolls onto the cloth storage beam at the back of the loom:



And a peek at #3 again, under the beater:



And #5, which is the draft I initially posted about here:



I decided to try Alice's method for cutting off in the middle of the warp and retying onto the cloth beam. Here, I've woven about an inch of waste thread after the hem of the last hanging, then a dowel, then more waste thread. Just to be safe, I applied some fabric glue before and after the dowel. Paranoid? Who, me?



Today, I'll cut the hangings off at the end of that last hem, and lash the dowel onto the rod in the cloth apron. Stay tuned, I'll let you know how it works.

No comments: