Translate

Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

Threading the Jacquard

I must be getting used to (or better at) threading the jacquard loom. I've got 6 modules threaded, 2 to go.















I've discovered that a threading hook really does speed up the process. I've never used one on the looms that have texsolv heddles; but the hook works well with the inserted-eye heddles. I still have to take my time to be sure I'm not crossing threads, which is awfully easy when you can't scoot heddles aside after threading them. However, in the past I've only been able to thread one module a day - I've been at it 3 days so far, and have twice as much done. Hooray!

1 comment:

grant thomson said...

hi there, i am trying to build a jacquard loom for silk weaving. i'm trying to find some nice fine heddles for 300EPI work - could you recommend?