Translate

Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

One Crepe Scarf Finished

During the mad packing rush, I managed to wet finish and fringe (just a short knotted fringe, no time for a plied fringe) the first of the crepe scarves. I wanted to bring it to wear during the show. The juror(s?) didn't accept my wearable fiber into the show, but that doesn't mean I can't wear one each day to show them off!



Sorry for the crappy photo. DH was busy loading the van, so I had to find a mirror into which to point the camera. At least you can see the soft gathers of the cloth created by the 4 shots of lycra-blend yarn. Here's a closeup:



After washing, the cloth is very lightweight and soft. Should be very comfortable to wear.

I'll try to post at some point during the coming week. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Bon Voyage!
cheers,
Laura

neki desu said...

the ripples look great. have fun!

Dianne said...

Your wearables weren't accepted!
I love textiles made from left overs - so much life and movement.