Translate

Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Off the Knitting Needles

I haven't posted in a while. It isn't because no textile work is happening, just none that's blog-worthy. I've been busy mending and mounting the family portraits for Ann, and they'll be delivered today at the Designing Weavers meeting.

In the evenings, I've been knitting a scarf out of an interesting yarn from Araucania made of rayon from sugar cane. When I saw it in an email blast from Webs, I had to try it! Very soft and lustrous. Because it's a variegated yarn, I decided to use a simple knit and purl block pattern with garter edging:


















Now all that remains is to graft the ends together to make it an infinity scarf, and block it.

I hope to be back at the looms soon! Plans are simmering on the back burner for all of them.

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

Beautiful scarf! I hadn't heard of rayon from sugar cane before -- what will they think of next!