Translate

Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

On the Dobby Loom

I'm still working on the twill stripe wool warp. I had some problems with the first piece on the warp, so since I wrote about it last, I've resleyed  the warp from 30 epi to 24 epi. The warp is happier, and so am I. Also, I added 8 ends to each selvedge; the 4-thread basket selvedge looked too narrow on the first piece, and on the second it looks more in proportion.



















However, because of the resleying, and because I've encountered a few knots in the warp yarn, the back of the loom is looking really messy. The stacks of cones are holding 4 ends each for the extra selvedge ends, and the film canisters are for the knotted ends. It's ugly back there!
















Oh, well, you gotta do what you gotta do... At least the weaving is going more quickly, and I should finish in a few more hours of weaving.

1 comment:

neki desu said...

i live in the land of hanging film canisters :(