Translate

Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

In Other News...The Embroiderer's Guild of America

On Saturday, I gave a presentation to the local chapter of the EGA. My across-the-street neighbor, Linda, is a member, and she suggested that for the chapter's 25th anniversary meeting, they should have a speaker who (like them) loves thread, but indulges in a different use of said product. So they got me.

It was a lot of fun, and I met some lovely women who do some really spectacular work and who share my addiction to thread, in whatever form. If I'd had time for more photos, I could wow you with images, but by the time I packed up all my "show-n-tell," so had most of the members. Here are just two examples that I could manage to snap before they were packed up.







I apologize for the terrible photos, but framed work with glass is difficult to photograph without including the reflections of bright objects nearby (like flourescent lighint...). In any case, I was very impressed with the quality of the work, and enjoyed telling them a little bit about weaving and how it differs from what they do so well.