Translate

Pages

Saturday, March 02, 2019

Towel #6

The weft for this towel is a mill-dyed 20/2 mercerized cotton in a rich teal blue. All the previous wefts were hand-dyed unmercerized 36/2 cotton. The liftplan makes tiny advancing points, whose effect in the cloth is a shimmery, watery surface. Click the image to display a larger version.


On Tuesday, I had surgery to implant an upgraded version of my pacemaker, which involved a 4-inch incision, adding some electrical leads to various parts of my heart, and replacing the current pacemaker with a somewhat larger unit. Not really major surgery, because the unit is lodged between my ribcage and my skin, over my heart and about 2 inches below my collarbone.

By Friday, I felt recovered enough to try weaving. Duh. Bad idea. Throwing a shuttle and swinging a beater (even an overhead beater) uses muscles across the upper chest. Ouch. So it will be a few days more healing time before I get back to the loom to weave off the rest of this towel and the remaining warp.

2 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Ouch. Hopefully it won’t take too long to get back to the loom.

Fabian B said...

hello, it´s beautifull.
how do you do it?

I would like to try

good job