Translate

Pages

Monday, February 02, 2009

Satin Towel #11

As I write this, I've finished weaving all but the final hem on towel #11, but when the photo below was taken I'd only woven the first 3 repeats of the treadling, which makes 4/1 satin in threading blocks 1 and 3, and 1/4 in blocks 2 and 4. There are areas in the threading where blocks 1 and 3 are adjacent, so they become one big block. If you compare #11 with the end of towel #10 as it disappears under the sandpaper beam, you can see where block 3 would show up if it were different from block 1.



The weft for this towel is a 50/3 navy blue mercerized cotton at about 14,000 ypp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful satins, every one. What a great collection. My special favorite is #10. It's all about the light, isn't it?

Gwen said...

Wow - those are beautiful! I can't wait to see them off the loom! :)

neki desu said...

beautiful towels. yes i agree, satin and light.

neki desu