Translate

Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Satin Towel 16 (or is it 17?)

Well, now I don't know how much warp I put on the loom, but it's definitely more than the 16 towels' worth I thought I had. Maybe I put an extra round on the warping wheel inadvertently?

If I go by what I've documented on the blog, the current towel is #16, but I've been writing down the draft numbers as I start each towel, and I've written 17 numbers.... and there's still enough warp for at least one more towel after this one. Damn! I thought I was almost to the end!

Anyway, whether it's #16 or #17, here it is - one of my favorites so far (perhaps because I thought it was the last one):



This has 1/4, 4/1, and 2/3 satins in one treadling block, and then in the next block, 1/4 and 4/1 trade places, and the 2/3 becomes 3/2. I like it! And the fact that the threading blocks are narrow while the treadling blocks are wide makes a nice contrast.

I won't know how many towels I've got for sure until I cut the warp off the loom and count 'em!

1 comment:

Laura Fry said...

heh - glad I'm not the only one who loses track. :)

Cheers,

Laura