Translate

Pages

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Satin Towels 14 and 15

Here are the results of this afternoon's weaving:



Towel #14 has stripes of 1/4, 2/3, and 3/2 satin. On the reverse it's a much darker look, with 4/1, 3/2, and 2/3 showing. The weft is the same light blue fine cotton as the previous two towels.



Towel 15 has blocks of 3/2 and 2/3, so it's a very muted look. The weft is apricot 50/3 cotton, which makes the blue-violet warp look more like grey by contrast.

I've been spending some time working on drafts for the next warp, so weaving this current series has been going slowly for the past few days.

There's only enough warp for one more towel after this one, and it's a good thing - I'm itching to start something new and different. I like the challenge of devising 16 different treadlings for a single threading, but the actual weaving gets a bit boring, I must confess. Maybe it's because I rarely do block weaves, because they're kind of static, with the whole item in the same repeated pattern. The scarves I weave are usually nonrepeating designs, so I'm not conscious of thinking "oh, another repeat; and another; and another... and round and round we go..."

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Sandra, I admire your productivity. Makes me think I should read & write less, and weave more!