Translate

Pages

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Juniper

The last full piece on the warp is based on a picture of a juniper bough, taken last summer (or maybe the summer before) at the cabin in Montana.



There weren't yarn leftovers with enough yardage for the wefts in the right yellow-green or a warm tan, so I sampled a combination of dull green and dark brown wefts, but didn't like the result. Back into the stash again, where I found a green with a blue cast and a red-brown, almost burgundy. This I like much better because the red and green complements really pop. The image is a bit dark, but I'm thinking of using it for a cushion cover for the living room sofa, and I don't want it too bright.



Once this is done, there are a few inches of warp left for samples, then it's time to cut off and beam the next warp.

2 comments:

neki desu said...

very elegant color combination, sort of old venetian masters.

Shorty said...

I am in awe of your fabulous works. I could only hope to have your talent. Thanks for sharing it with us.