Translate

Pages

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Sunflower, Completed

After finishing the sunflower, and one other piece, I was able to get a shot of (almost) all of the sunflower on its way down under the loom:


















There are another couple of inches at the top that weren't visible. I'm really happy with the way it came out.

I figure I have two or three more days to weave, then I need to cut off the pieces on the jacquard warp and get busy wet-finishing and stitching hems and preparing hanging rods. Plus there are still two Fire Series scarves to fringe and wet-finish. After that comes the fun of pricing, tagging, inventorying and all the other preparations for a major show.

The American Craft Council's San Francisco show is the weekend of August 13-15 at the Fort Mason Center. See the ACC website for hours and other info. If you're in the area, please do drop by and say hello!

2 comments:

neki desu said...

interesting how regardless of the scale of the image it conveys intimacy.weaving is so full of wonders!

Benita said...

I love the details in the petal of the sunflower. Doing at such a close range makes for a very interesting shot.