Translate

Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Mundane and the Somewhat More Exciting

I've been meaning to weave a new booth sign - the old vinyl sign I had made aeons ago has become worn, dirty, and curled at the edges from being stored and carried rolled up tightly to save space - and today that project rose to the top of the queue:



Much better than vinyl, don't you think? Although not particularly thrilling, either to see or to weave...

This one goes on the cabinet we use as a sales station. There is another sign still to weave, which will be hung on the front of the booth. That graphic will be rotated, and woven on its side so it can be longer.

But before I began that task, I felt compelled to treat myself to something somewhat more thrilling to weave. This is an aspen grove, photographed in autumn:



See what I mean? This is way more fun.

2 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Yes, but sometimes the mundane just *has* to be done. :)
cheers,
Laura

Cate Rose said...

Wow, that aspen grove is to die for!