Translate

Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Halfway Mark

Today's knotting session got me to the halfway mark: four of the original eight modules are tied on and partly pulled through:



Actually, by quitting time I had just finished module 5, too - only 3 more to go! Woohoo!

The reason this goes so slowly is I can't sit still for a long time without back pain. Apparently, weaving involves much more movement than tying knots, so I can weave for hours without any problem. I suspect that threading the 4 new modules will be easier than knotting, because there's a lot of bending and stretching required. If that turns out to be true, I may have to resort to threading instead of tying on, next time. It may mean more debugging of the threading to find and fix heddles threaded out of order, but if it's easier on the back...

However, this is a 30-yard warp, so I won't have to decide for quite a while!

No comments: