Translate

Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

Back to the Loom

I've felt so awful for a long time, I haven't actually woven anything at all during September. The last thing I did before the Alaska trip was weave some short samples, to find out if the loom's additional 4 modules were working properly. The 4 new ones were, but some of the original modules had decided to misbehave. Until today, I haven't felt like asking DH to replace any hooks - if I wasn't going to weave, no point in asking, right? Anyway, 2 new hooks/plungers/springs on module 5 (the old module 3) and we're weaving.

I'm about halfway through an image based on a photo of the Kruger girls: Bob's wife and two daughters. The photo was taken over a year ago (maybe two?) so I hope it will find a happy home at the AVL shop or at the Kruger home. In any case, the image is landscape format and not too tall, so it makes a good test image. So far, no hook errors at all. Hooray!



You can't see much of Mrs. K so far, just her cheek and hair, but the two little girls are looking good!

2 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Very nice. Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to weave.
cheers!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Those coughs-that-linger are so debilitating. What a lovely image to go back to the loom with.