Translate

Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Gifts

This week I'm working on holiday gifts. The current jacquard weaving is a two-fer: half is a reduced-size version of the portrait of me and my sister with our Aunt Aileen (this copy is for my sister) and half is a portrait of an aunt and uncle. Lew passed away a couple of years ago, and this portrait is for his wife Dora.



After this pair is finished, I've found a charming photo of my maternal grandmother with her 6 children on a picnic. (Actually, it looks more like their back garden than the wilds of Montana where they usually hiked and camped, but since I wasn't there I can't say for sure...) I suspect that some of my cousins would like a copy of this group portrait. Here it is, indexed to 9 greys; it'll be woven in 10-end shaded satins:



In the dyepots, there are skeins of 20/2 unmercerized cotton yarn intended for tea towels, and skeins of 60/2 silk for scarves waiting for my attention after that.

No comments: