Translate

Pages

Monday, April 02, 2012

Good News, and the Orchid of the Day

I've received word that one of the three pieces I submitted for the Latitudes exhibit at Convergence has been accepted. The piece the juror liked was this one, entitled Ice and Reflections. The image is based on a photo taken by Cally Booker of Dundee, Scotland, in January 2011.

If you are planning to attend Convergence (July, in Long Beach, CA), you should drop by the exhibits to see the piece in person - as well as all the other wonderful fiber art that will be on display.

The rejected pieces will now be submitted to other exhibits, where perhaps the jurors will be more favorable toward aspen trees... one can hope, after all.

Today's orchid is a tiny thing compared to yesterday's cymbidium. The cymbidium flowers are well over 3 inches tall, and each flower stalk carries at least 16 blooms; this little guy's blooms are maybe 1 inch tall, and only 6 or so per stalk. Some years, the flowers have a distinct aroma of chocolate; it must depend on fertilizer or some other random factor - this year, no aroma.

5 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Congratulations! :D

Keeping fingers crossed for the other juried exhibits.

cheers!
Laura

neki desu said...

i ♥♥ that one and am very happy it got juried in.vicariously enjoying your orchids. mine decide to leave me.

Christine Spangler said...

Congratulations! It is so moody and rich. I got one in, too, but they didn't tell me which one.

Sandra Rude said...

They didn't tell me, either, until I asked. I said "Convergence isn't the only game in town. I need to know so I can submit the other pieces to other exhibits." Got a reply back very quickly.

Margreet said...

Congratulations! It's a lovely picture.