Translate

Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Threading the Tea Towel Warp

As I was threading the white tea towel warp (and wow, is a white warp easier than threading a black warp on the jacquard!), I thought a lot about Laura Fry, hoping that her surgery goes as well as my own bypass surgery back in 2000. Of course, I got to sleep through the worst of it, and DH had the unenviable task of seeing me in the recovery room, with plumbing and tubes everywhere, and a radiator blanket to warm me up after being chilled almost to a state of hibernation.

Laura, be strong! If I can do it, so can you! I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way, and all best wishes for a speedy recovery so you can be back at the loom soon.

Anyway, here's the threader's eye view of my workspace today:



1 comment:

Meg said...

I know. Doug's been updating Laura's FB page, thankfully. I was just watching your AVL video again. :-) The swoosh swoosh sounds so futuristic.