Translate

Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Warp is Beamed

Ten sections finally beamed.

Tomorrow I will begin threading.

In other news, the angiogram I had last week was a "good news" experience, but balanced by some less-good news. The angiogram showed that the arteries around my heart are in about the same condition as 15 years ago, when I was tested a year after a double bypass. No intervention (in the form of stents or further bypasses) required. Hooray - a big relief!

The less-good news is the result of other heart tests. Over the past year, echocardiograms have indicated that two valves (the bicuspid and tricuspid) are underperforming at an ever-increasing rate. This probably explains why I've had occasional A-Fib, and also the constant fatigue and shortness of breath I'm experiencing. It is likely I'll need to go into the shop for a valve job sometime in the near future.

The remaining question is whether this can be done as a valve repair, or has to be a valve replacement procedure. The former option leaves open the possibility that I can have the new less-invasive version of the surgery - which doesn't require the surgeon to crack the chest (yet again). Been there, done that, don't want to do it again if it's possible to avoid.

In the meantime, I'll be designing, beaming, threading, sleying, and weaving as usual. Stay tuned. I'll let you all know when I know more about the future...

5 comments:

Laura Fry said...

Oh my. :(. Will send lots of positive thoughts that a repair can be done. Fingers crossed.

3looms said...

My mom had one of the first trans-catheter valve procedures in Tx about 5 years ago at age 94. She bounced right back! Here's hoping you do the same. ;-)

Cally said...

Fingers crossed for the repair - "hey, doctor, leave those ribs alone" - and very glad for the good artery news.

Sheila O'Hara said...

Dear Sandra,
Hoping for the simpler repair! Healing thoughts being sent your way.
Sheila
www.sheilaohara.com

neki desu said...

hope the job is the simple one. silver lining always :)