Translate

Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Tea Towels

I've not posted in a few weeks. Not because nothing is going on in the studio, but because what is going on is boring. For one, this run of towels doesn't allow for much variation. I want to stay with the Fox Fibre natural colored cotton as much as possible, and not use any dyed colors. And the darker naturally colored cottons were almost all used up in the warp - only enough left to allow for a few knot repairs.

So, for example, a weft-wise stripe of the lighter green cotton against a background of natural unmercerized cotton is barely visible.


It is there, just to the right of the temple clamps. Big whoop. After wet finishing, in a very hot, alkaline bath, it will be more visible. I hope!

In the meantime, I can change the narrow warp stripes to 2/2 basket weave instead of 2/2 twill... but minor change is not very exciting visually.

So on we go.


2 comments:

Misty said...

I can't wait to see the transformation after washing!

Alice said...

These will be lovely! I don't find towels in the least bit boring.