Translate

Pages

Monday, May 02, 2011

On the Wild Side...

... and the mild side. This shot gives you a good view of the two very different faces of the cloth, showing both the fell line, where the cloth is face up, and the reverse, where the cloth heads toward the back of the loom.



It's such a joy when the cloth matches the vision I had before I began the project! In most warps, there is very little surprise involved because I'm typically working with yarns and setts and structures with which I'm very familiar. In this case, there were enough new and unfamiliar variables to be both challenging and exciting.

2 comments:

perry dr said...

Hi I am a Weave Tech reader and have a question about your photo.
What is the black aparatus with string attached? some type of temple?
Perry

Sandra Rude said...

Hi, Perry,
Yes, that is a temple, sort of. More information is available in a much earlier post, http://sandrarude.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-temple.html
-- Sandra