Translate

Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

The State of the Looms, 01/01/2012

Meg in Nelson NZ likes to see the state of everyone's looms on New Year's Day each year, so here's a look at my studio in California ( N 35° 29' 21.8544", W 120° 40' 14.6964").

The AVL 24-shaft dobby loom is empty at the moment, but there are at least 2 warps queued up, the first being cotton for towels and the second being silk in two colors for a series of scarves.



On the AVL Jacq3G I've got as far as the parrot's eye (working image posted here).



He looks like a very cheerful fellow:



I hope that 2012 will be a colorful, creative, and joyful year for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I forgot my latitude and longitude! Your parrot has the most wonderful expression, even with only half an eye.

Meg said...

Jacqard! (How do I make an envious look on the keyboard??) Happy 2012 to you, Sandra!!