Translate

Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

After the Rain, Part II

It's been cold here (for the California coastal range), down into the 20s at night and 40-50s daytime. The potted citrus trees, the cymbidium orchids, and a couple of potted cacti went into the greenhouse a few days ago, since they don't like freezing temperatures. The greenhouse is also known as Gracie's sauna - it gets nice and warm and humid during the day when there's sun on it, and she has made herself a little nest in the soil at the base of a potted lemon tree. I always know that if she's not indoors, she's in the sauna. If I can catch her there at a time that I've got a camera (or phone) in hand, I'll post a photo...

Today the we had a brief rain shower - not much, just a sprinkle really - but because it was late afternoon, the side light made a complete rainbow. It was too close to get the whole thing in one shot, but two will at least show the ends on both sides. Pot o' gold, anyone?




















In case I don't have a chance to post again this year, here's wishing all of you a happy, healthy New Year filled with exciting textiles!

















1 comment:

Peg Cherre said...

Those rainbow pix are AMAZING!! I saw a similar one during a storm several weeks ago, but didn't have my camera with me. So sorry I couldn't shoot it, but I'm glad you got this one.