Translate

Pages

Friday, May 13, 2016

Another Point of View

If I photograph the red-weft scarf with the camera just a little above and looking lengthwise up the warp, the way the red weft appears and disappears is even more obvious.

Note that where the warp curves around the sandpaper beam, the weft begins to make itself obvious again. I think this may prove my theory that any angle from which the weft is seen from its side (rather than along its length) shows that color more strongly.

Compare this with the two shots shown in this post.

I have perhaps 500 picks left to weave, then I can begin the final (and as yet undecided as to weft color) scarf on the warp.

On another note, the numbness and lack of motor control in my left hand is improving - I no longer have to do 1-finger typing with that hand - but accuracy on the left side of the keyboard is still somewhat problematic. But at least, there is improvement.

3 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Better is better. With patience, time, and probably work, your body continue to improve.

So nice to watch your weaving again!

Loom With A View said...

Keep at it! The more you use it, the better it will get. Not much comfort when you have to force yourself, but it will be worth it, I promise!

Laura Fry said...

It took almost three months for my hand to regain full function. Keep going!