Translate

Pages

Friday, April 08, 2011

Textiles in a Tube

The catalog of the Textiles in a Tube exhibit currently ongoing in Greenville, SC, is available to browse online here; you can also order a printed copy if you like what you see (I've ordered a copy to add to my portfolio). Alice Schlein and I were the only handweavers represented in the exhibit; we agreed that we need to encourage more weavers to enter exhibits like this, to show the world (well, at least, the gallery-going world) that handweaving really is a valid component of the "fiber art" scene.

The exhibit includes my Sunflower, which I photographed on the loom here and here.

1 comment:

charlotte said...

I greatly enjoy reading your wonderful blog! I saw in an earlier post that you use a fly shuttle and would like to ask your advice on this topic: Have your fly shuttle rollers on the bottom, or are they without? What would you recommend? Thanks in advance!
Enjoy the weekend!