Translate

Pages

Monday, May 05, 2014

It's Been Too Long...

...since I posted last. It's not that I haven't been busy, just not necessarily with camera-worthy projects.

As I mentioned in this post (scroll down to the second image), I've reconnected with kumihimo. It's a great TV-watching or international-air-travel activity, since there are usually a only few repeated moves - as in, "A to C, D to B; rotate; repeat." Lots of braids in various stages of completion are littering the landscape, some better-constructed and/or better planned than others. Here's the one in the original post, made into a key fob:















A small dose of Fray Block to keep things from escaping while I bind the two ends together with the longest available tag end, and scissors to trim a tidy fringe, and it's done. The hardware came, as if by magic, from Amazon.

On the weaving front, I've woven a few more inches on the Antelope Canyon image. Visit this post to see the Photoshop design file before weaves were applied.




No comments: